The Higher Education Commission (HEC) of Pakistan announces scholarships each year for undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral studies. HEC scholarships 2021 are constantly being announced, and the HEC has recently unveiled the Commonwealth Ph.D. scholarship 2021.
This Commonwealth scholarship program is being funded by the UK Department for international development to provide research opportunities to eligible candidates. The program is aimed to enhance the academic and research capabilities of the candidates to encourage collaboration for advanced opportunities in several domains.
The scholarship is available for Ph.D. students of various disciplines.
Eligibility Requirements for HEC Commonwealth Scholarship 2021
In order to promote fairness in the selection process, the Higher Education Commission has issued some eligibility criteria and guidelines for eligible candidates.
Candidates who meet all of the below-mentioned eligibility criteria may apply for the HEC Commonwealth scholarship 2021:
- Nationality of Pakistan/AJ&K; dual nationally holders are not eligible to apply.
- First-class degree in relevant qualification (17/18 years Masters/MS/MPhil degree) in the selected field of study
- Applicants should not have any third division in the entire academic career and the candidates must not have a second division in the last acquired degree.
- Applicants cannot be registered for a Ph.D., or an MPhil leading to a Ph.D., program, at the University of UK university before September or October 2021.
- Candidates already availing any other Ph.D. scholarships are not eligible.
- The candidates must provide all required documentation.
- Submit the two references online to the UK application system.
How to Apply for HEC Commonwealth Scholarship 2021
Students can apply for the HEC commonwealth scholarship 2021 via an online application on the HEC and commonwealth portal.
The deadline for applying for this scholarship opportunity is January 18, 2021. Therefore, students must submit the completed application, with relevant and accurate details and required documentation before this date.
Here are the steps to apply for this scholarship:
- Submit online application forms at the Commonwealth and HEC web portal. It is mandatory to submit separate forms to process the application for the selection procedure.
- Upload the paid fee challan of Rs. 400/-. The application processing fee can be paid in any branch of Habib Bank Limited.
- Incomplete application forms will not be entertained in any case.
- No need to send hard copies of the applications at the registration stage.
- Shortlisted candidates must submit the hard copies of the HEC application form and relevant academic documents, research proposal, CNIC and Domicile.
Be sure to complete the application form using accurate and up to date information. Failure to do this can result in the cancellation of your application. Moreover, complete and submit the application, fees, and required documents before the deadline to be considered for this exciting scholarship opportunity.
The last date to apply for the Commonwealth Ph.D. Scholarships is on January 18th, 2021.