Many 12th class inter part-2 students dream of becoming CSS officers. In fact, many families encourage their children from a young age to study hard and become a part of the Central Superior Services (CSS) in Pakistan.
The reason for this is that CSS officers hold a very powerful, and prestigious position in the country. Being such a powerful position, it is only natural that the CSS exam in Pakistan is one of the most competitive and difficult papers to master.
Therefore, 12th class inter part-2 students who are interested in becoming CSS officers should start studying from a young age. Mastering the 12th class past papers study strategy and topping final exams will develop the work ethic and study strategies needed to score well on the CSS exam. Moreover, it is also important to understand the steps and requirements for applying for the CSS exam in Pakistan.
Here is everything you need to know:
How to Apply for CSS Exam in Pakistan
The process to apply for the CSS exam in Pakistan is fairly straightforward. You will be required to submit an online application form, as well as send a hard copy of the application form to the FPSC headquarters.
The steps for application are as follows:
- Look out for the open application advertisement for the CSS exam, which is announced in September every year.
- Pay the application fee in the required bank and get the receipt.
- Apply for the CSS exam by filling the online application form available at the official website of FPSC
- Submit the online application form
- Download the online application form, take a print out and attach the required documents along with the bank receipt and post it to the headquarters of FPSC Islamabad.
Required documents for the CSS application form are as follows:
- Copies of educational documents, including the SSC and HSSC exam certificate, and any university transcript or degree
- Bank receipt of the deposited exam fee
- Experience certificate if needed for a specific post
- If applied of relaxation of age limit, then submission of relevant certificate by the concerned authorities
- Print out of the filled application form, which is available on the official website of FPSC
Eligibility Requirements for CSS Exam in Pakistan
The CSS requirements are very specific. Only applicants who meet the eligibility criteria may apply and appear for the CSS exam in Pakistan. Here are the eligibility requirements:
- Applicant must be a citizen of Pakistan or permanent resident of Jammu and Kashmir
- Applicants must be aged between 21 to 30 years. The CSS examination 2020 new age limit is also updated every year on the official website.
- Age limit is relaxed by 2 years (32 years) for applicants who are serving as government employees
- Applicants must have Bachelor degree with at least 2nd division from Pakistani university or equivalent foreign qualification recognized by the HEC
- Candidates with 3rd division in Bachelor degree can apply only if they secure Higher Division in their Master’s Degree
Location of CSS Exam in Pakistan
The Central Superior Services (CSS) examinations are held across the country, giving everyone a fair chance. The locations of the CSS examination are:
- D.I. Khan
- Dera Ghazi Khan
Components of the CSS Exam
the CSS test consists of four components:
- Written Test
- Medical Test
- Psychological Test
- Viva Voce
Students who appear for the CSS exam in Pakistan seek employment in one of the following occupational groups, under the Federal Public Services Commission (FPSC):
- Pakistan Customs Services
- Pakistan Administrative Service
- Police Service of Pakistan
- Foreign Service of Pakistan
- Inland Revenue Service of Pakistan
- Commerce & Trade Group
- Information Services of Pakistan
- Military Lands & Cantonment Group
- Office Management and Secretariat Group
- Pakistan Audit and Accounts Service
- Postal Group
- Railways (Commercial & Transport) Group
This is everything you need to know about the CCS examination in Pakistan. Now that you are familiar with the eligibility requirements, paper structure, and application process, you should be able to easily work towards the CSS exam. Keep in mind that the exam is very competitive, therefore students must study extremely diligently and effectively in order to pass.